12/03/2006

Beware of Child

My Wife and I were out at the mall this past Saturday in an attempt to wrap up our Christmas shopping a little early. While we were in one of the stores I noticed this little kid walk past, and I thought the child had a stuffed teddy bear slung over their back.

No big deal. However, because I was bored out of my mind I decided to do a double take, and low and behold, I quickly learned that the stuffed teddy bear was actually a clever disguise for a harness. Thats right, a Harness. And attached to the harness was a leash roughly five feet long. Of couse no surprise here, but holding the leash was a parent who was intently focused on figuring out which body scent she liked rather than keeping her child from toppling the tower of shampoo half way across the store.


Since when did a child equate to a K-9? And if this is the new norm then I think we need to continue it to it's logical conclusion. I mean we have rules that say that you can't bring a dog into a business establishment, and I think that if your child is so unrulely that you nead a leash to control them, then they should be banned as well. Unless of course they happen to be helping a blind or otherwise dissabled person. There can be exceptions.

No comments: